All About Me

January 15
...complete my joy and be of the same mind, by having the same love, being united in spirit, and having one purpose. Instead of being motivated by selfish ambition or vanity, each of you should, in humility, be moved to treat one another as more important than yourself.  Each of you should be concerned not only about your own interests, but about the interests of others as well.   Philippians 2:2-4

Speaking to a young woman the other day, she was elated to have found out she was pregnant with her first child.  As I inquired to her family's reaction I received a very honest reply.  "Well, my sister-in-law thinks it would be fun for her to get pregnant again and go through this with me. Actually, I would rather she didn't, as I want this pregnancy to be all about me." Well, that's honest.

It is the "all about me" attitude that brings about disappointment for us time and again though.  Our real joy in life comes when "It's all about Jesus" and we follow his ways of being concerned and caring for others.


Day #9 of Praise
It's all about you Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?