It's Bible Study Time Again

January 12-13
We've just made it through the first full week of the new year and for some people that meant embarking on a new formal Bible Study.  The group I am a part of starts this coming Monday and we will be stopped in our tracks by the less than tactful way James blurts out some truths.  The group our daughter is facilitating began last week in Nashville with a brunch and informal time to meet one another and pick up their workbooks.  The introduction to "One in a Million" by Priscilla Shirer reads:

"The Egyptians in Exodus 1 were intent on enslaving the Israelites, wearing them down so that God's chosen people would become disillusioned and not live up to their destiny. Of the original two million Israelites who received God's invitation to enter the Promised Land, only two actually entered it! Similarly, modern day Christians often hear and understand the promises of God each Sunday morning at church but then rarely choose to experience them in everyday life. In One In A Million, Bible Teacher Priscilla Shirer invites us to change that pattern for good, living beyond our circumstances and expecting to see God move in miraculous ways day after day. Without a doubt, we can find and follow God's purpose for our journey. We can make it to the Promised Land!"

While meditating this week in Jesus Today, Day 10 had an excellent entry which I'm sending our daughter to share with her group and thought I'd pass it along to all of you and hope whatever path you are on this weekend, jungle thick or smooth sailing you will endure and enjoy it more remembering the Lord goes with you!
Speaking in the voice of Jesus, Sarah Young writes:
"Trust me here and now.  You are in rigorous training-on an adventurous trail designed for you alone. This path is not of your choosing, but it is My way for you.  I am doing things you can't understand.  That is why I say, 'Trust Me!'
The jungle is thick, and you cannot clearly see what is before you, behind you, or beside you.  Cling to My hand as you follow this trail in shadowy darkness.  Although you cannot see Me, My Presence with you is rock-solid reality.  Find hope in Me, beloved, for I am taking care of you.
Focus on enjoying Me and all that I am to you-even though your circumstances scream for resolution.  Refuse to obsess about your problems and how you are going to fix them. Instead, affirm your trust in Me; wait hopefully in My Presence, and watch to see what I will do."

Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant? Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.   Isaiah 50:10

Why are you in despair, O my soul? Any why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.  Psalm 42:5

Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.  
Micah 7:7

Day #7 of Praise
Praise this weekend to Brandon Heath's song, "Jesus In Disguise"
(May we learn to recognize His Presence)
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0J0B1JNU

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?