Put ME First

January 19-20th
God has us covered, we just have to hang with Him.  On the 14th I started a new Bible Study with a delightful group of women. In the midst of my preparations, I allowed my regular devotional routine to slip away a bit. Had I continued on a commitment to read Sarah Young's, Jesus Today, daily I would have had this wonderful insight to share with many of the woman, myself included, on the challenge of keeping God and our study of His Word and His Ways first!
This was the entry on January 13th. Instead of taking the extra few minutes to do this, I more than likely took a peak at Facebook, checked out Valentine's ideas on Pinterest, took photographs of something, baked an extra goody, picked up my knitting, turned on HGTV or fell into a multitude of other distractions.  None of which are as fulfilling as time with the Lord.

In the past I have used designed scripture related notepads.  When I save up some cash, I am going to make some that have written at the top of the page:  
#1 Spend time with God today.

Thanks for being here with me on Boojoyful and grabbing a bite of the Gospel from the perspective of a member of the NFL (Nuts for the Lord).
Enjoy the scriptures below and what Mrs. Young has to say, written as if Jesus was speaking to her:

"In everything you do, put Me first, and I will direct you and crown your efforts with success.  Putting Me first sounds so simple and straightforward.  But the world, the flesh, and the devil war against your efforts to do this.  You can easily justify letting other things creep into the space and time you had set aside for Me.  If this happens only occasionally, it is just part of being human.  However, if you see it becoming a pattern in your life, watch out!  Your priorities may have been gradually shifting-until I am no longer your First Love.
Putting Me first is not an arbitrary rule; it is the way to live vibrantly, joyfully-close to Me. It is also the way to live purposefully, letting Me direct your steps. When I am your top priority, other things fall into their proper place.  So delight yourself in Me first and foremost.  As you walk in the Light of My Presence, I open up the path before you-crowning your efforts with success."

In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.  Proverbs 3:6

Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.  Revelation 2:4

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.   Psalm 37:4

If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.  I John 1:7

Days#13-14 of Praise
 We are going to rock out a bit today with a group called Building 429.
The song, This is not where I Belong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoq44rFNbhY

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside 
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive 
I won't keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

All I know is I'm not home yet 
This is not where I belong 
Take this world and give me Jesus 
This is not where I belong

So when the walls come falling down on me 
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea 
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

All I know is I'm not home yet 
This is not where I belong 
Take this world and give me Jesus 
This is not where I belong
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com

When the earth shakes I wanna be found in You 
When the lights fade I wanna be found in You

All I know is I'm not home yet 
This is not where I belong 
Take this world and give me Jesus 
This is not where I belong

All I know is I'm not home yet 
This is not where I belong 
Take this world and give me Jesus 
This is not where I belong

Where I belong, where I belong
Where I belong, where I belong


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?