Growing and Glowing



February 16-17
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.    Acts 3:19

The Beth Moore James study, I've been doing with a group of women is probably the most convicting study I've ever done.  Every day the lesson reveals an area of my life that needs fine tuning.  James is the kind of friend who tells it like it is, because he is passionate for us to be what we were called to be.

I shared with our group yesterday that I had been busy vacuuming up cheerios, oxy-cleaning spit up and snot off the shoulders of my clothes, tussling with crib mattresses to change them and packing away high chairs and baby toys and wishing I had a cleaning service there to help me.  (All the while pining for our grandsons who had left the day before.)  Why is it the idea of someone coming in and doing a deep cleaning on our homes is appealing, but allowing the Holy Spirit to convict and Christ's sacrifice to cleanse us makes us uncomfortable?  We forget the whole reason Jesus hung on that cross was for the forgiveness of our sins.  Repentance is an expected and appreciated process from God's perspective.

This morning during my quiet time the thought came to mind....

You're GLOWING when you're GROWING ...

in Christ.  Conviction and repentance is a part of spiritual growth.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?