Love=No Fear

 Driving through NC recently,  I became elated at the sight of a Carolina Blue hearse.
 My husband was a 4 year football letterman at UNC and 
deeply loves his alma mater and that unique shade of blue.
I think a Carolina Blue hearse might be his second choice as a way to go out.
First choice would be for his John Deere to take him to a spot here at Shiloh!

February 15
God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us.  This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we're free of worry on Judgment Day-our standing in the world is identical with Christ's.  There is no room in love for fear.  Well-formed love banishes fear.  Since fear is crippling, a fearful life-fear of death, fear of judgment-is one not yet fully formed in love. 1 John 4:17-18

Our oldest grandson became very frustrated with me one day, when I was talking about how I look forward to living in Heaven.  "I do not want you to go to Heaven, Mama Boo!" he blurted.  "You should stay here with me!"  Being three years old at the time, all he was understanding was the separation aspect.

These verses above overflow with comfort for those in Christ.  Love does banish fear! Recently, I walked the halls of a nursing home and thought...how many of these people are Heaven bound?Presently, we have five family members, who are all in the late 80's and early 90's, and all have experienced serious failing health issues the past two months.  Some I have heard talk of their love for Christ. There are others, who were church goers in their younger years, but I have never heard them mention Jesus.  I've heard it said that that generation was not as vocal about their faith, but I have met some mighty men and women of God that age.  These individuals have mentored me and increased my faith, because of what they have verbally expressed.  If you love the Lord, why would you suppress what we are called to express?
Again I say, "If you love the Lord and have accepted him as your Lord and Savior, tell your friends and family about your faith and how He came into your life!"  Then they will have no fear or worry when you die.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?