Don't mind if I do!

 It's The Very Hungry Caterpillar
 Wait...it's Mama Boo!

March 20
Day after day the word mind came to mind!  Battling pain from a recent back injury I couldn't quite get God's drift with where He was taking me in regards to mind.   I rambled through possibilities:
Mind your mother.  Mind  your manners.  Mind your own business.  Mind your "p"s and "q"s.
Could it be: Change your mind? Unlike the referral to God in Numbers 23:19.

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

With the back pain pressing upon me was I to have mind over matter?

Sunday was approaching. Maybe I was to bear in mind that the Lord has given us a Sabbath. Ex.16:19

What was on my mind? Was it the things of the world or things related to God's way?
Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds.  Deuteronomy 11:18

My mind could not figure it out.  On my heart was a friend with whom I had not spoken in a couple weeks. I picked up the phone and called her.  Moments later she was sharing how troubled her daughter's mind was.  Immediately, I realized where my prayers were to be focused.  Hanging up the phone,  I opened the devotional Quiet Moments With God and read the day's entry.

I will delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart.  Psalm 40:8
"Gracious Lord, You know what is ahead today for me.  Crucial issues await my attention. Unmade decisions demand my concentration.  And I know that the choices I make will affect me and others around me.
It is with that in MIND that I say with the psalmist, "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day."  Psalm 25:4-5
May I prepare for the decisive decisions of this day by opening my MIND to the inflow of Your Spirit. I confess that I need Your divine wisdom to shine the light of discernment in the dimness of my limited understanding.  I praise You, Lord, that I can face the rest of this day with the inner peace of knowing that You will answer this prayer for guidance."  Lloyd John Ogilvie

I don't mind it at all when God sends me on an adventure after His Word. I am thrilled when I finally get His drift!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?