Sheer love and gratitude

March 11
The Twelve apostles followed Christ because he called them.  There are three women mentioned in the eighth chapter of Luke, who followed Christ out of "sheer love and gratitude" (a Liz Curtis Higgs quote).  Maybe they were the original "groupies".

After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God.  The Twelve were with him, and also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out; Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod's household: Susanna: and many others.  These women were helping to support them out of their own means.  Luke 8:1-3

If you were asked to complete this sentence the sentence below, how would you respond?

I am a follower of Christ because _______________________________.

I asked several friends to complete that sentence and told them I would anonymously post their answers.  

I am a follower of Christ because He is completely faithful. If everything else was striped away--- He would still be there as an anchor for my body,soul and spirit.

I am a follower of Christ because he called me.

I am a follower of Christ because I absolutely adore Him.  He is the Rock of my salvation, the Lover of my soul.

I am a follower of Christ because He alone is the way, the truth, the life!  He is it!

I am a follower of Christ because He loves me unconditionally and I love him...He's my Father.

I am a follower of Christ because I am a sinner saved by His Amazing Grace.

I am a follower of Christ because He loved me first!

I am a follower of Christ because I need Him so much! 
("I have tried to live without Him in my life and it was so horrible.  I need Him to be the strongest, kindest, wisest, most powerful influence in my life.  I need His Bible. I need the close prayer and love I get from Him.  I need the future to be with Him.I  I need His church of people everyday. I need His companionship.  I need the sweet hope I have with Jesus. I never want to exist a second without Jesus. I need his foundation of solid rock.  I need the faithful plans and rules he gives me. I need to praise His Glory.")

I am a follower of Christ because He loves me so unconditionally, especially when I don't deserve it.

I am a follower of Christ because He gave his life for me. He is my hope of what is to come, my ever present help in times of trouble and my indescribable joy.

I am a follower of Christ because He is Lord of my life now and forever. 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?