Still On My Mind

 I love these contemplative photos of one of our grandsons and Moses.

March 21-22
The matter of the word mind is still with me.
Don't mind if I do. I'm racking my mind. My mind wanders. My mind is playing tricks on me.
These phrases keep ringing in my... MIND!

Many of life's problems dwell within the mental torment we allow our minds to take us through.
The "what ifs" of life that we conjure up can quickly take us down.  The greatest solution lies in the advice we can find in Philippians 4:6-8.  Allow your mind to dwell on these verses today. First, I've posted them in the NIV, then in The Message translation.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. 

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.  Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

For my birthday a friend gave me a card with a BIG smiley face button.  I keep it by my bedside.  The past month has been quite trying dealing with the pain of a back injury.  Several days I never made it out of my pjs, but I pinned that smiley button on my nightgown and it would cheer me up when I'd pass a mirror!  That little effort tied in with keeping my mind in Christ keeps me keeping on!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?