My Expectation

April 13-14
My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.
Psalm 62:5

If you follow international news, then you are aware North Korea has put the world on edge with their nuclear threats.  We are faced with threats everyday...safety, health, job security, relational stability.  Psalm 62 is such a wonderful place to hide out and trust in the Lord.

Bob Sorge wrote: "God worshippers are those who come to God first in their time of need.  They seek God's face and wait on Him to receive direction for the course to take."  Oh, how I want to be labeled in such a way.  I want to live in "positive expectancy" waiting and watching for what God will do next!

As a child, I had expectations for my parents to provide food, clothing, education, love and a safe place to live.  As a parent, I had probably WAY too many expectations for my children, obedience, nice manners, good study habits, clean rooms...:-)  As a wife,  I've seen God's grace in my husband sticking around due to the length of my expectation list.  Ugh...forgive me Father and family.

While I may have issued up a tough order for all these individuals, the expectations I have of God are totally realistic! Sometimes he places me in a holding pattern, but I've grown to see his faithfulness again and again.  I can say...
My heart is steadfast.  Psalm 57:7
God sends his love and faithfulness.  Psalm 57:3

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?