On God's Map

April 30th
Yesterday, I was able to write with rejoicing over celebrating my father's 93rd birthday. Sunday, my heart was heavy as I hugged a sweet sister in Christ, whose faced her father's birthday that day with the realization they were getting ready to call in hospice for him this week.  At church I watched as one of our small group members, whose father is dying of cancer, hugged the first friend with tears pouring down his cheeks. Now I pray for another friend, whose father is dying, after his transport bus for the aging and handicapped was hit by a train in PA on Friday.
My prayer is that these families find comfort in knowing that heaven is a for real place on God's map.

My mother's favorite scripture verse was John 14:2
I go to prepare a place for you.

Adrian Roger's resides in Heaven now, but his messages to God's sheep continue to resonate throughout the land.  At some point in his life, Roger's wrote this message titled "Heaven is Not a State of Mind".

"Do you believe that there is a home in heaven waiting for you?  There is!  Because Jesus cannot lie. He is Truth incarnate. He always told the truth. He said, "if it were not so, I would have told you."
Jesus would not let the hope of heaven go on beating in your heart if it were simply a lie, a superstition, or a fond delusion. Heaven is not merely a state of mind. It is not a condition. It is a place so real that Jesus is there in a literal, resurrected body. There is a body in this place called heaven. It is His resurrected body. Heaven is a place on God's map.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?