Our Angel Guard

April 17

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11
Departing an Apple Store, in a large city recently, the class instructor (knowing I was from a tiny town in SW VA) reminded me to be cautious going to my car in the dark carrying my computer.  I appreciated the concern, but didn't think too much of it.  I stopped in a coffee shop to pick up a cookie for my husband, whom I had hoped was going to arrive in time to meet me at the Apple Store. While paying for the cookie, I sensed someone standing VERY close to me and turned expecting to see my husband attempting to surprise me.  My eyes looked, up, up,  up and there stood one of the largest men I've ever seen. He must have been a professional wrestler or Goliath's cousin.  The head of black hair he had was like nothing I've ever seen.  Black glasses, a black leather vest, dark jeans and a beard added to his daunting appearance.
He apologized for startling me.  Not wanting to appear scared out of my pants, I said, "Oh, no.  You didn't startle me. I thought you were my husband, who is arriving in town tonight, and had come to surprise me. I was buying this cookie for him."  Then I placed my hand on his ENORMOUS arm and said, "I'm sure you are just as sweet as he is."  His reply, "I'd be happy to give you a hug and kiss."

I politely walked away without responding.  What was that I thought? Guarding my computer and taking out my car keys I believed with all my heart that was my guardian angel.  At least I'd like to think that is my angel's stature!  :-)  The black get up, would normally lead me to deduce an evil presence, but this man's demeanor was quite kind.  The evil one is a deceiver though isn't he.  Well, if it was The Tempter, I guess it's good I left and didn't dance with the devil or let him hug and kiss me.

The good thing about encounters such as that is they get us thinking...and for me...thanking God for the angels who are watching over me is a reason to praise.  Even the ones who usher me to heaven one day will be doing that with watchful care.  Oh, how I pray those who lost their lives in Boston were comforted by their angels and are in Jesus' presence.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?