The Weight of the Worry

This picture of my husband and granddaughter reminds me of how God is there to hold our hand.

April 2
The past five weeks, I wallowed in back pain.  My wallowing wove itself into worry, as I anticipated, yet another back surgery.  God did his best to assure me of his presence.  He even placed the story of the disciples needing the waves calmed right in front of me...yet my mind would find no rest.

At one point I found myself explaining to the Lord ...."If I can't be whole, I'd rather be home."  No sooner had I said this, than did my mind drift to a young VT professor I conversed with last month.
This young man had several birth defects; two obvious ones were stunted growth and only one arm.  His limitations did not slow him down from living life.  There were no visible signs of a "woe is me attitude" or the weight of worry.

When we allow the weight of worry to weave its way into us, we stumble into sin.  "Worry doesn't take the sorrow out of tomorrow, it takes the strength out of today."  Adrian Rogers.  He also wrote, "God didn't give you grace for tomorrow's difficulties. He only gives you grace for today."

Casting all you care upon Him, for He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?