Come Back to Me


May 28
Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God 
with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your mind.
This is the first and greatest commandment."
Matthew 22:37-38

As quickly as a slippery fish can slide off your fingers after being caught or a succulent oysters escape from your fork, the habit of making time for God can be stolen from your day.  One of the most amazing characteristics of God is the way he waits for our return in love.  (Funny, how we lack the patience to wait for answers to our prayers, yet receive His grace over and over again.)
It is almost 10 o'clock. I'm not sure where my morning went, but it wasn't being spent with the Lord.  The day started a little later than usual and I embarked on my new summer routine of plant watering and dead bloom picking.  A couple phone calls, a knock at the door and then I remembered I hadn't written the devotional.  
Picking up Jesus Today,  by Sarah Young, in hopes of entering God's presence, I chuckled at what I read.  "It is crucial to make you relationship with Me top priority-nurturing and strengthening your connection with Me.  Nothing is as important as understanding Me: knowing and loving Me as I truly am. This requires focused time with Me as well as ongoing communication with Me throughout your day. The clearest, most trustworthy teaching about Me is in the Bible."
Ok, so I pick up Solo, The Message and continue my read through the Bible.  Here's today's reading from Hebrews 4:12-13
God means what he says. What he says goes.  His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything whether rout of defense, laying us open to listen and obey.  Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word.  We can't get away from it-no matter what.
Not wanting to leave His presence I opted for one more reading from Jesus Today.  Check this out:

"Because your mind is easily distracted, you must keep coming back to Me again and again.  Do not be discouraged by your tendency to wander off in tangents from your true Center in Me. Simply keep making the needed adjustments to return to Me.  Make these little corrections joyfully-trusting in My unfailing Love."

Oh dear friend, if you've drifting away in the manipulations that May can bestow upon us, return to the One who loves you best.  Spend time with Him today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?