Equal Status



May 2
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!
Last week our pastor delivered a fabulous sermon in a series he is currently giving called "I Need to Change".  He stated, "God likes to do something new!"

That's a good thing because we all need a little sprucing up along life's rugged road, don't we? For days now I've pondered another comment he made, "We treat everything in our schedules as if they have equal value."  Sad, but it's true for most people.  They look at their weeks events and list off the "to do's" with equal importance.  Grocery store, workout, drive carpool, Bible Study, dinner and a movie, pick up dry cleaning, go to church, grab lunch with a friend....etc. Our daily time with God should be the highlight event of each day.

We were blessed to help host a high school youth group of 25 amazing young people this past weekend.  When one of the parents invited me to attend the first "talk" session out on our patio, I started to opt out realizing I had desserts to make for them that night and a birthday cake to bake for my father.  Quickly, God spoke to me saying..."Don't be a Martha, come and sit at my feet and learn."  He was right! That, along with getting to share some hammock time with one young lady, were the highlights of my day. Being with Jesus is of more value than any other time in our day.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?