Heard it Somewhere

Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? 
Who may stand in his holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, 
who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.
Psalm 24:3-4

May 14
Attempting to get back in the swing of things, after a weekend away, I grabbed my Bible and was looking for a pen when the phone rang. "Moses, is bathed and ready for pick-up. If you are here by 11:30 you will not be charged for an additional day."  The day shifted gears and out the door I went.
Praise God we live in a nation where Christian radio is permitted.  My drive into the city allowed me a wonderful time of learning on Victory FM!

Chatting with the women at Bible study last night I told them about a wonderful example I had heard on the topic of being blameless.  The speaker explained that if a young man stood trial for stealing a car and went before the judge and the charges were dropped, he might still have sinned, but was no longer blamed.  That is what Jesus does for us when we stand before him with a repentant heart.  The sin happened, but He washes us clean and remembers our sin no more.

This morning I pulled the radio show back up online and listened again while doing some chores, but I did not hear this example. Who knows where I heard it!  It makes a lot of sense to me though.

www.backtothebible.org/index.php/Back-to-the-Bible-Radio-Program/What-Does-It-Mean-to-Be-Pure.html

Woodrow Kroll states: "Blamelessness is not sinlessness.  God does not require sinlessness."  God knows we cannot be sinless, but we can strive to stay clear of sin.  He goes on to say, "God is the measure of sin.  Sin is anything that is an offense against God. The transgression of His standards.  Sin is what God says it is."

Each time we wash something this week...our hands, bodies, dishes, clothes, cars, etc. let's ask God to give our hearts and minds a scrub a dub dub.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?