Prepare Your Heart

May 25-26
Exhausted from cleaning out our laundry room and other chores, I stopped and sat on the floor to count rattan chargers for an upcoming party.  My mind was blank and then the words came...
"Prepare your heart."  What does that mean Lord?  Prepare my heart for what?  Immediately, the phone rang. Caller ID showed it was my husband's cell phone. "What's wrong?" I inquired.  "Nothing." he replied. "Are you crying?"  "No, I'm just plumb tuckered out and some words from the Lord gave me a startle, " I spoke into the phone.

"Prepare your heart."  That could relate to a hundred different things to come. Positive and negative.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.  
Isaiah 43:18-20

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.  1 Peter 3:15

Every day since, the words have come to me again.  What an excellent reminder "prepare your heart" for whatever God has on the horizon.

Lord, prepare our hearts to love you more deeply, prepare our hearts for joy, prepare our hearts for trials, and prepare our hearts for Your return. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?