Thrills


May 18-19
During my quiet time the other day I found myself saying, "Jesus you thrill me!"  The word thrill made me smile, so I searched for it in The Message translation on Biblegateway.  These three verses resonated in my heart as I thought of Christ, my bridegroom.  Where are we looking for thrills?
Proverbs speaks to the emptiness of looking in all the wrong places.

Your addicted to thrills?  What an empty life!  The pursuit of pleasure is never satisfied.  
Proverbs 21:17

Here's great marital advice.  Yesterday, I emailed these to our children hoping they'd get a thrill from these bits of wisdom!  Hmmm....no response. I guess the message left them speechless.

Men- Your spring water is for you and you only, not to be passed around among strangers. Bless your fresh-flowing fountain!  Enjoy the wife you married as  a young man!  Lovely as an angel, beautiful as a rose- don't ever quit taking delight in her body. Never take her love for granted!  Why would you trade enduring intimacies for cheap thrills with a whore?  for dalliance with a promiscuous stranger?
Proverbs 5:17-20

Women- My dear lover glows with health-red blooded, radiant! He's one in a million. There's no one quite like him!  My golden one, pure and untarnished, with raven black curls tumbling across his shoulders.  His eyes are like doves, soft and bright, but deep-set, brimming with meaning, like wells of water. His face is rugged, his beard smells like sage, His voice, his words, warm and reassuring. Fine muscles ripple beneath his skin, quiet and beautiful.  His torso is the work of a sculptor, hard and smooth as ivory. He stands tall, like a cedar, strong and deep-rooted, A rugged mountain of a man, aromatic with wood and stone.  His words are kisses, his kisses words.  Everything about him delights me, thrills me through and through!  That's my lover, that's my man, dear Jerusalem sisters.
Song of Solomon 5:10-16

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?