An Anticipated Encounter

June 3
A young couple and their 3 month old son were visiting this past weekend.  They returned last year after having been missionaries in China.  I met the young woman 13 years ago on the campus of VA Tech when we took one of our sons to orientation. It was within moments of meeting her that I knew she was  a believer. We exchanged contact information and have encouraged one another these many years.

We talked about the importance of being intentional in sharing our faith with our children. She shared with me ideas from a child rearing book she is reading called Preparing Him for the Other Woman. Ideas such as training beginning by the time they are three to train your sons to hold the door for women and older people.  Begin showing your sons videos of super heroes in addition to David fighting Goliath.  Teach these little men from an early age they are to be warriors and protectors of their women.  The one I loved the most was praying daily with your child that you would have an encounter with God that day.

The author gave an example of heading out Christmas shopping and coming upon a young teenage mother who was crying.  Instead the author and her son took this young mom shopping!

Let's anticipate an encounter with the living God today!

Ugh...time for honesty. I went to Bible Gateway looking for a verse about encountering God.
Instead I came upon James 1:2

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials.

We've been going through a rough patch around here.  I'd asked a group of friends to be praying for us.
Looks like what I need to do is "count these trials" joy and put on a happy face and encounter God in the trial, for He is there with me!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?