Here's a Thought


June 28

My husband and I just went for a lovely, pre-heat walk. Chatting away, we chuckled at the polite ways people phrase their disagreements. You know...in a fashion which places the discussion on the back burner.

After your comment they may respond, "That's a thought."  "Hmm, lot's to think about."  "I'm not sure I've ever considered that."

Our daughter-in-love (better than daughter in law) has taught her children incredibly polite manners.  One of my favorites comes into play if you are eating at someone's home and they offer you a dish you'd prefer not to eat.  Instead of saying, "Ewww, I don't like that," you politely say, "It's not my favorite!"  My husband and I are learning that works well in numerous "choice" categories....TV shows, clothing options, etc.

God created us with the freedom to choose, but Jesus doesn't mince words when it comes to the qualifications for getting to God.

Jesus answered, 
"I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

If you come across someone today who has never considered eternal life, share the thought in the verse above.

     

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?