My Prayer

June 4
We are in a serious at church entitled "Insanity".  Last week the pastor introduced this new series explainng, "It is about Deke Andrews' life." I guess that was better than saying, "Deke Andrews' wife."

The message was quite powerful as the pastor explained Paul wrote this "THANK YOU" letter to the Philippians, after being beaten, whipped, and placed in the stocks there.  The letter begins....I thank my God every time I remember you.  Philippians 1:3

His point to us..."Loo for the good in people."

Hmm, sometimes we have to look a little bit harder to find that good  in certain individuals.

I've decided to memorize the verses below and pray them for someone everyday.

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11

A recap of the verses:
Pray they will grow in love.
Pray that they will make wise choices.
Pray that they will do the right thing.
Pray that they will live for the glory of God.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?