A Name



July 8
My sister gave me these adorable towels with the grandchildren's names embroidered on them.  Now when they visit they have a personalized towel!  In between visits they decorate my laundry room as a reminder to pray for these precious ones.

It's been interesting watching our own children wade through the options when naming their own children.  Names evoke emotion and memories.

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

The name Jesus conjures up a variety of reactions when spoken to people.  What descriptive words or adjectives are awakened in your being when you say His name.  
Sacrificial, powerful, loving, compassionate, miracle making...
Savior, Babe in a manger, God in the flesh, the One who walks on water and turns water into wine...
Lover of my soul...

Today, do these five things with the name of Jesus...
Sing it in a song lyric.
Speak it in a love address to Him.
Speak it to another person.
Write it on a piece of paper.
Write out a scripture which includes this name.

I often tell you how God blows me away with what He provides. I just went online to search Biblegateway for verses including Jesus' name and found today's scripture which goes right along with today's devotional theme A Name.  The God-incidences in my life keep me so encouraged!

I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to Your name. Psalm 138:2

By the way...there were 1310 verses in the New Testament including the name of Jesus. Plenty from which to select.
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses. Acts 13:38-39

 


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?