Near to God


July 27-28
With lead lids drooping and my head ready to hit the pillow, I began to pray, "Lord, where are you? I don't sense your presence."  "I've gone nowhere, my child. It is you who have been slip sliding away from me," God replied in his fatherly tone which silently traipsed across my mind..


Come near to God and he will come near to you.  

James 4:8

What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them 
the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?  
Deuteronomy 4:7

Sometimes God speaks to us when we least expect it.  Other times our lives our such a clutter and flurry of activity we allow little opportunity for Him to be heard.  The weekend is here.  Your pace may be quickening or possibly puttering down. Which ever we face, God is still around and ready to converse if we set the stage for Him to speak.

We are here Lord.  We love and adore You.  We need You. We want to hear from You today!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?