The Seventh Beatitude



July 25
This past week I studied a series of devotionals by Lloyd John Ogilvie in his book Quiet Moments with God.
The Seventh Beatitude entry spoke a truth into my life, which I wish I'd been praying all my life.  I hope  this writing blesses you and therefore those who encounter you in your daily living!
I plan to turn this into a daily prayer for myself!

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God.  Matthew 5:9  
Blessed Father, I praise You for the peace that came through Christ and the blood he shed on the cross.  Your Son came to bring peace and has called me to be a peacemaker.  Today in my relationship with You, Father, I want to express my family likeness by manifesting the fruit of the Spirit of peace, and will accept my calling to be a peacemaker.

I pray that I will not sow discord, fan the flames of misunderstanding between people, take sides in petty conflicts, or participate in gossip.  Rather, I seek to be a peacemaker and share Your peace with those around me.  Help me try to bring healing of hurts and reconciliation of estrangement and brokenness between people.

My constant prayer to You is, “Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.”  Work through me to communicate serenity, tranquility, and joy.  Help me be quick to forgive, slow to judge, and resourceful in conflicts.  I confess anything that robs me of Your peace so that I  can receive anew Your grace and commit on this day to be a peacemaker.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?