Dig, Dig, Dig It



August 5
Studying the Armor of God, I listened to a series by Dr. Tony Evans. Pastor Evans shared that if he told you he’d buried $100,000 in your back yard, you’d race home and dig, dig, dig.  Digging would be worth it. We should approach the time we spend digging into the Truth of God’s Word with the same vigor and excitement. It is worth it!



I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.  
Psalm 119:15

What are we digging for today... love, the world's acceptance, social status, job recognition or advancement? 
The unfolding of your words gives light;
it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:130

If we choose to dig into God's Word we will find a valuable treasure he has hidden there for us.

My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 
in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:2-4 

God-you're my God!  I can't get enough of you!
I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God, traveling across dry and weary deserts.
So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last! My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath; My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
Psalm 63:2-4

DIG IN TODAY!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?