Power, Purpose and Preparation

The bees were a buzzin yesterday!
August 31-September 1
"You've got to be kidding me?  Come away with you right now, Lord, with all I need to get done?" Our  youngest sons was on the way home with is wife to celebrate his 25th birthday. It was 3 o'clock the birthday cake and cupcakes were not iced, I had not even been to the store for the weekend haul of groceries, and God was asking me to take a "time out". Could I possibly be hearing him correctly?

"There is power, purpose, provision and preparation in the times we share together," my Father reminded me, so off I went.  No sooner had I sat down in my quiet place than I remembered..."It's Friday! I haven't sent my quarterback his message!"  Wait, what had God just told me? I began texting,
"There is power, purpose, provision and preparation in the times we share together." I passed the message along, with an addendum.  "I want you to say, 'God with you I can overcome obstacles!' Now get your sling shot ready and go face those giants tonight! Rah, rah! I love you."

They were playing one of their tougher opponents.  The radio broadcast we usually listen to was not working, so we had to wait for text messages from the father of this young man.  At one point our QB threw and interception and when they entered the locker room at halftime the game was tied at 10-10. UGH!  10:27PM the final text came...."We won 38-17!"

What giants might we be facing today?  What does our playing field of life look like?  What  purpose has God called us to, which he hasn't hesitated to assign to our agenda called "life," because He knows if we will only hang out with him first, we will receive the power, provision and preparation to carrying through to completion.

Let's sing...What a mighty God we serve!  What a mighty God we serve. Angels stand before Him. Heaven and earth adore Him. What a mighty God we serve.

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if only you would hear his voice. 
Psalm 95:6-7

I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  
Philippians 1:3-6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?