The Last Days...of Seersucker

 Our daughter's August wedding theme was seersucker and lace.
There were a lot of seersucker suits in that bridal party!
I will attempt to wear all of these this week.
August 22
The street corners are adorned with school children waiting for their buses. Cars are packed to the hilt, as college students return to their campuses. The high school stadiums will be filled this Friday night with cheering fans as kick off occurs and I'm counting the remaining days that I can wear my summer whites and seersucker shorts. Once again, the last days of summer are upon us.

A canopy of clouds adorned the sky last Sunday morning in a most unusual fashion. I said to my husband, "Do you think this is what it will look like when Jesus returns?"  We agreed if we saw him in the next few moments we would hold hands in hopes of spending our last earthly moments attached!

Paul writes a "last days" scenario in 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-having a form of godliness but denying its power.  Have nothing to do with such people. 

Can you imagine how differently we all would live if we knew the day of Christ's return or the date of our last day on earth?  My first thought was the world would be a nicer place, as many would want to be in good standing with God and those they love.  The truth might be there'd be so many people without faith they'd be going for all the gusto they could selfishly get.
God's hope is that we spend everyday promoting the love of Christ and his kingdom which is to come.

If today is my last day I'd like to say, "I love you and Jesus does too!  Hope we will be hanging out together in eternity.  If you question that as a reality for your life...call me soon!"  :-)

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?