You Don't Walk Alone

My baby, our oldest son makes a good body guard!
August 10-11
My husband and I had headed out for an hour long walk.  Nearing the end, I realized I was about to make him late for a meeting, so I told him to go ahead to the car and I'd keep walking and he could pick me up.  Within minutes of our parting a truck came around a bend at quite a rapid clip and obviously was not looking at the road.  I jumped into the grass for safety.  Getting back on the pavement it wasn't long until I heard pounding footsteps approaching.  I turned my head, but with the bandage on my forehead, my vision was impaired.  It appeared to be a young man in camouflage shorts. Rotating my head back to the forward position, out of the words came a young man who must have stood seven feet tall. His body was emaciated, his head bald and his skin ghostly white.  The runner behind me was closing in and I immediately thought these two were going to accost me. Crossing to the other side of the road and reversing my direction, relief set in as I saw my husband approaching.

I had allowed fear to enter into my mind.  In our Armor of God study one of the most powerful statements by Adrian Rogers is: "It is important for the Christian to realize that they do not fight for victory, they fight from victory."

Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.   1 John 4:4  We are on the winning team!

Instead of tucking tail and running (ok walking rapidly) I wish I had taken my stand and girted my loins with the truth ( Ephesians 6:14) that there are angels watching over me, every step I take and....vocalized to these fellows...."Jesus loves you!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?