Authentic Worship

September 16

Remembering a young man, who grew up with our children and is now a missionary in Africa with his young family, I thought back to something he shared with me once upon returning home to the states.  "The worship is so pure in Africa. It's beyond anything I've ever experienced in America.  There's no holding back."

A few weeks ago I was walking with praise music playing on my listening device and found myself twirling around in the street, with my hands lifted high.  I was lost in the praise. It truly was intoxicating, but I am fortunate no one locked me up.  Just as I started to write the words..."That sort of praise needs to be done in private."...I thought about my young friend's comment. I bet they dance down the dirt roads where he is praising the Lord and singing out loud.

Our joy in the Lord needs to abound!
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
 Lloyd John Ogilvie wrote of an authentic worship:
"Sovereign God, gracious Father, blessed Redeemer, inspiring Spirit, I worship You for Your faithfulness, lovingkindness, judgement and mercy.  The offering I bring to my worship is myself.  Nothing in my hands  I bring; simply to Your grace I cling....All that I have and am belongs to You.  The life You have given me is Yours, the blessings You've given me are because of Your goodness, and my triumph in the future is assured only as I trust in You alone."

Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
bring an offering, and come before Him.
Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness!
1 Chronicles 16:29

If you need a laugh, click on this link for Prancercise!  My husband says when you praise dance it is... PRANCING in the Spirit!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?