God's Goal

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
Ephesians 1:4 

But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.
Colossians 1:22 

September 30
Yesterday, God and my most cherished earthly Daddy, decided it was time for him to enter heaven, God worked out the details to allow me to be with him until his very last breath.  As we begin to look back on the details of this last week, we see God all over it!  On Friday, he asked me to call one of our sons. who was supposed to be coming in to visit Daddy this coming weekend. I dialed the number and my father told him to "come now".  Saturday night, this son and his wife arrived around 10PM with their 1 year old son.  My Daddy lit up, calling each of them by name.  I headed upstairs to get some sleep and our son stayed with my father through a very rough night, as his body began to shut down.  In the morning, his wife, who is....are your ready....a HOSPICE nurse, felt it was necessary to get some meds to help comfort Davedaddy (as the grandchildren and great grandchildren call him.)  The last two hours were quite peaceful.  Our daughter in law used her training to help the grandfather she loved go to peacefully to Jesus.
I hope these photos aren't offensive to you.  They are beautiful to me! I'd prefer to be beamed up quickly to Jesus, but if the process is one that lingers, I'd love to get to go with my loved ones holding on to me!
 This picture is when they arrived and he called out in joy each of their names!
There are no words to describe the perfection of how this man lived on earth.
His kindness, devotion, sense of humor and high standard were beyond any I've ever experienced.
He taught his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren well to the very end.

Today's Seeking Him, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, was a prefect middle of the night message for God to give me the day after my father's home going.   Such a reminder of why we are here. While my favorite earthly example of how to live is gone, Jesus is still here teaching me.  My father has been made wholly, HOLY and is with his heavenly father!  I  can't wait to join them!

God's Goal 
“It seems like as soon as I repent from one thing, God brings a whole other sin area to my attention! I guess I’m glad, but it’s so hard! When can I stop thinking about holiness?”
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: There are a lot of important reasons to pursue holiness. One of them is that holiness is God’s ultimate goal for us. He has eternity in view. He didn’t save us just to make our short time on this earth easier. He wants to make us holy as He is holy, so we can perfectly glorify Him and enjoy Him for eternity.
First John 3:2 says, “We know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.”
So what’s our response? John goes on: “Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.”
Are you living in light of God’s ultimate goal for your life? Today let’s cooperate with God in His eternal goal to make us holy.
With Seeking Him 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?