I Am With You

The sunrise on the lake my Daddy's first morning in heaven.
Yup, I think he got to help God design it to send to me!

October 1
I write to you this week dear friends of reflections of this time in my life.  Of God's perfect provisions and testimony of how He carries us when we are too weary to walk.

There is no sense in trying to convince me my Savior does not  live.  I KNOW He does.

I have an app on my phone entitled Jesus Calling.   I want to share the timeline of how I received some of these messages.  When we are tired and thirsty, in a desert place, maybe unable to consume our  regular Bible Study, if we will just reach out for a sip of water, He will sustain us.  Keep God's Word near by, if only as an app on your phone.

Here's the irony of this one.  Hours before it came on my phone, I was lying in bed with my father. At one point he took both is hands and cupped my face in them.  He said, "I love you" and kissed me on the lips.  It was a blessing we should bestow on each of our children.  Then imagine my heart thrilling as I read this Jesus Calling the next day when he died.

"I am with you and all around you, encircling you in golden rays of Light.  I always behold you FACE to face.  Not one of your thoughts escapes My notice.  Because I am infinite, I am able to love you as if you and I were the only ones in the universe.
Walk with Me in intimate Love-steps, but do not lose sight of My Majesty.  I desire to be your closest Friend, yet I am also your sovereign Lord.  I created your brain with capacity to now Me as Friend and Lord simultaneously.  The human mind is the pinnacle of My creation, but so few use it for its primary purpose-knowing Me.  I communicate continually through My Spirit, My Word and My creation.  Only humans are capable of receiving Me and responding to My Presence.  You are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made!

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.  This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.  Psalm 34:4-7

We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." 2 Peter 1:16-17

Now this is eternal life; that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.  John 17:3

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?