Lukewarmness

September13
Adrian Rogers defined lukewarmness towards God this way: "Lukewarmness is a way of saying, "God, I believe in You, but You just don't excite me."

(Something in there rings of what might be said in some marriages as years wear on.)

Revelation 2:4 says: Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

The Message translation has a more contemporary twist.  But you walked away from your first love-why?  What's going on with you, anyway?  Do you have any idea how far you've fallen?  A Lucifer fall!  Turn back!  Recover your dear early love. No time to waste, for I'm well on my way to removing your light from the golden circle.   

God's love does not disappoint. I've had a busy, busy week, but each time I've returned to Him, I've been so fulfilled.  If we had a lukewarmness gage related to one's love for Jesus, possibly like one of those temperature strips you can place on your forehead to take your temperature, I fear more lives than not that we tested would read in the lukewarm range, than those who are hot on fire for Jesus!

Let's stop right now and tell Him we love him.  Then sometime else today tell another person how much we love Christ!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?