Reserved

September 7-8

Checking into my hotel the other night, the manager on duty said he was sorry, but he could not find my  reservation. I explained I had just made it online that afternoon.  "Ah, it hasn't posted at the front desk," he replied, "No, problem."

Yikes, there are some people who are going to be surprised when they receive a similar notice that their heavenly reservation has not been posted.

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."  Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew your, Away from me, you evildoers!"
Matthew 7:21-23

Even though a person sins and gets by with it hundreds of times throughout a long life, I'm still convinced that the good life is reserved for the person who fears God, who lives reverently in his presence, and that the evil person will not experience a "good" life. No matter how many days he lives, they'll all be as flat and colorless as a shadow-because he does not fear God.   Ecclesiastes 8:12-13

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?