Sitting in Love

This dog cracked me up last night when she crawled up in her master's lap.
September 2
Sometimes I have major break throughs, when it comes to grasping concepts about our relationship with our heavenly Father.  Last week as I was preparing to go visit my 93 year old father, I realized how much I enjoy just sitting with him.
As a child, there was the desire to please him and to perform well (whether academically or in sporting events) for him. Also, as provider, He was the one to whom my wants were expressed.  Becoming a parent and home owner myself, the hunger to gain understanding and wisdom from someone who was wiser set in.  As he became a widower and was living alone the relationship changed to where I found joy in serving him.  Now he has wonderful care givers and I have a peace that he is content and ready to head to heaven when the Lord calls, but I still long to just sit in his presence and feel his love.

As my mind drifted through the progression of the father/daughter relationship it hit me how much it mirrors our heavenly Father's relationship with us.
When we first come to know the Lord we want to "get it right," to please him in this new relationship.
We also launch into a prayer life, which normally is a list of "give me's" or please fix this.
At some point we begin to know the depth of the wisdom available to us through the Holy Spirit and we seek out Biblical truths and soak in knowledge.
With those applications active in our lives, we establish lives of Christian service.
Seldom are we taught the best part...to learn to just sit in the love of the Lord and simply tell him how much we love him.

The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.  Psalm 14:2

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  Psalm 27:4



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?