The Clutter


September 19
How does it happen?  The clutter keeps creeping in!  Yesterday morning I tackled the front hall closet and a few drawers, but I have some major "clean outs" waiting to happen.  A dear friend today said, "Don't worry, winter is coming and there will be time then!"  That's the problem, so many things take precedence.  The good weather, lunch with friends, the necessities of life...laundry, cooking and communication!  Cleaning out the clutter takes time and a conscious effort.
The study I'm presently tackling, called "He Speaks to Me", has already had me realize in order to hear God we have to clean out the clutter of our spiritual lives. While I was cleaning, I had the radio tuned into Victory FM 88.3, which has biblical teaching most of the day. Adrian Rogers came on with a tough to listen to message called "Winning the Battle for the Home".
It is not for the faint of heart, but if you want to be challenged to clean up your act, take 30 minutes and tune in.     http://tunein.com/program/?ProgramId=29872&StationId=22645

God is all about our business friends.  He likes to clean out not only the clutter, but the debris that brings damage to us and to others who are around us.  He is so chocked full of goodness though.  After he does a thorough cleaning he makes us feel refreshed.  After our time together God sent me an email via a woman I had just met recently.  The tears dripped down my cheeks as I read it, for I know unbeknownst to her, she had just been a hug from Jesus!

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.  
The statues of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
Psalm 19:7

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?