Be Desperate


October 26-27
Before I dove into my Bible Study the other day,  I wanted to sing a praise song and find an appropriate one to send to my Bible Study group to encourage their day.  While scanning iTunes, I received a text from one of the gals in the study. She wrote: "Look up the song Breathe on YouTube by Michael W. Smith.  It is the song for the week." The topic of our study this week was being desperate to hear God speak.  The lyrics in this song say, "I'm desperate for you!"
Do ya think God rocked my boat and thrilled my heart by speaking to me through my girlfriend!  Yup.

Priscilla Shirer writes: "God desires followers desperate for His presence: people who don't necessarily want His blessing but want Him! God wants followers like Moses, people who balk at the idea of going anywhere without His leading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oad8ov10AjY

If you do a Biblegateway search, in The Message translation using the word desperate, you will find example after example of Bible heroes who were desperate for God.  Listen to David in the Psalms and then think of Jesus as the lover mentioned in the Song of Solomon.

God, for your sake, help me!  Use your influence to clear me. Listen, God-I'm desperate. Don't be too busy to hear me.  Psalm 54:1-2

Restless in bed and sleepless through the night, I longed for my lover. I wanted him desperately.  His absence was painful.  So I got up, went out and roved the city, hunting through streets and down alleys. I wanted my lover in the worst way!  I looked high and low, and didn't find him.  And then the night watchmen found me as they patrolled the darkened city.  "Have you seen my dear lost love?" I asked.  No sooner had I left them than I found him, found my dear lost love.  I threw my arms around him and held him tight, wouldn't let him go until I had him home again, safe at home beside the fire.
Song of Solomon 3:1-4

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?