Cry Out

Daddy listening to me read to the grandchildren Christmas day.
October 7 
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that coms from faith for his name's sake.  Romans 1:5

Whew, I was called to obedience last week.  Driving over the mountain to my home town there is a mile stretch where the speed limit decreases from 55 to 45 to 35 to 25.  If you blink you miss the changes.  I must have blinked a lot (actually had my mind elsewhere) for as I watched the police car do a U-turn on this two lane road, I glanced at my speedometer and I was doing 45 in the 25 zone!  I cried out, "Lord, I need grace!"  

I do not recall where this devotional came from, but it popped up in my emails that same day.

When We Cry Out to God

Read | Psalm 57:1-3
"Crying out to God is the spontaneous response to an urgent need. It differs from typical prayer, which involves
periods of worship, petitioning, and intercession; this distraught call focuses entirely on one difficulty. The problem can be heartbreaking news, a dangerous situation, physical pain, or spiritual confusion. Whatever the cause, we seek immediate relief from God.
Like Peter sinking into the sea, we’re saying, “Lord, save me!” (Matt. 14:30). We call out desperately when bad news comes, because we acknowledge that only God has power to change circumstances. And when we are walking obediently with Him, He will respond: if He does not alter the situation, He will replace fear with courage and confidence."

Tears could have easily poured out, as I contemplated begging for mercy from the police officer. I'd decided honesty was the best policy and to admit my mind was far, far away.  I immediately confessed my wrong doing to God.  The officer followed me for 5 blocks and then he turned away never pulling me over.  Ha, I don't think I went over 20 miles an hour the rest of the day.  Contemplating what had happened, I deduced that he had either put my license plate, 1 Thes. 5:17, into his computer and realized I was the women he had just seen days before in bed sobbing as I held my deceased father or he knows his Bible and got a laugh that my scripture verse was "Pray without ceasing."
Whatever the reason, God's grace was extended to me and I was quite grateful and immediately called to obedience concerning speed limits.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?