Draw Near to Me


October 3
Sometimes dirt is slung, sometimes the hurt hits our heart.  If we look back over our lives, all the way to childhood (maybe even a playground scene where we were last picked on a team or cruel gossip about us was tossed across a  lunch table), hurt happens. Other times we are called to "man up" (in the Man's strength) and face tough situations.  Check out what God gave me in Jesus Calling, September 28th, the day I spent twelve hours in bed by my father, realizing God was calling him home.

"Open your mind and heart-your entire being-to receive My Love in full measure.  So many of My children limp through their lives starved for Love, because they haven't learned the art of receiving.  This is essentially an act of faith; believing that I love you with boundless, everlasting Love.  The art of receiving is also a discipline: training your mind to trust Me, coming close to Me with confidence.  Remember that the evil one is the father of lies.  Learn to recognize his deceptive intrusions into your thoughts.  One of his favorite deceptions is to undermine your confidence in My unconditional Love.  Fight back against these lies!  Do not let them go unchallenged.  Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you. Draw near to Me, and My Presence will envelop you in Love.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  Ephesians 3:16-19

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence.  Hebrews 4:16

Therefore submit to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
James 4:7-8

For many people, when a loved one dies, there is regret, guilt or a questioning spirit about what their relationship is.  The devil often attempts to place doubts in the minds of the mourning.  I praise God I've experienced nothing, but an outpouring of the love my earthly father had for me and my heavenly father holds me together with this day and for eternity to come.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?