Good Grief






October 10
It had been less than two hours since we watched my father's body be taken away from his home by the funeral home hearse.  The news of my sister in law and father's deaths had reached a friend and she stood at our screen door attempting to discern where we might be.  Beach music was blasting from the indoor and outdoor stereo speakers, yet it appeared no one was inside. While standing there she heard rapid gunfire coming from our shooting range in the woods. Walking around the side of the house she saw me hanging out of our inflatable bounce house and ball pit and my husband standing on the deck taking in the music.
With a look of curiosity she approached me as I said, "We all grieve differently."  Our son who had just spent a taxing fourteen hours watching my father actively dying was blasting his gun away at a target in the woods. Our daughter in law who had taken on the task of hospice nurse is a marathon runner and she was gone with the wind.  My husband who had watched me cling to my father the last two days of his life was pumping beach music into our systems in hopes of setting a cheerful atmosphere and I found solace with our one year old grandson's smiles from our ball pit!  Yes,  we are uniquely made!

Samuel died. The whole country came to his funeral. Everyone grieved over his death, and he was buried in his hometown of Ramah.  1 Samuel 25:1

Our daughter in law is a beautiful writer and I saw on Facebook this morning she has written on the same topic.  http://bandjandrews.blogspot.com/2013/10/serenity.html  Check out the blog she wrote preciously as well.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?