Hello!


October 18
Sometimes in the clutter of life we have to sneak off to a prayer closet and call to God. Other times we have to  holler out in the chaos.
Wednesday, I was alone in the house for the first time since my father died. I was doing chores and keeping busy. Then the phone rang and it was our vet in Roanoke.  The receptionist said, "We are calling to see how Moses is, he didn't come in for his shots in August."  Grab an umbrella, the flood gates opened right after I said, "He's not with us anymore."  I made the poor receptionist cry!
I sensed God saying, "You needed a cleansing cry today my child."  We will be processing this grief.

In my own strength I gained my composure, within the hour the phone rang again. It was the local vet's office, here at the Lake, where my husband and sons took Moses to be put to sleep. She said, "Mrs. Andrews, we have Moses ashes ready for you to pick up. I am so sorry for you loss."  Well, just take me to my knees!

Grief is a process that we need God to walk through with us. I felt Him humbling me and saying, Not in your strength, but in mine dear child.

You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.  Joh 16:20

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.  Psalm 27:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?