The Pacifier

Two of our grandsons
Below the grandson of a neighbor, who stopped in for a bounce!
October 21
There's been a lot of sucking going on around our house lately, from little visitors.  We've seen everything from a normal looking pacifier, to what is known as a Wubbanub.  It's a pacifier with a stuffed animal on the end.  Our thumbsucker baby turned a brick doorstop over on his thumb last year, while visiting and it was too painful to suck the thumb to soothe himself. The new method of pacification became two stuffed bears!
My mother came up with the brilliant idea of putting her nightgown in bed with me as a method of pacifying me into thinking she was still with me. I think I slept with that nylon nightgown until I was 16! A good back rub pacifies me these days, but that is temporary. Most likely the young men pictured above will have to come up with alternate methods for finding contentment as they journey forward in life.  For an everlasting peace or pacifying we can turn to the Lord.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12

Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on me.
Isaiah 30:15

Godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?