If it Was of Eternal Value....

There's a deerlightful party at Shiloh in the afternoons!  Come see us.
November 20
Often, I will be about the business of the day and a thought will cross my mind triggering the thought, "That would make a good devotional title."  It happened the other morning, but I didn't write the thought down and only 5 minutes later couldn't remember the clever alliteration, which had come to mind. The lead letter was "H", but the trio of words had left me.  Praying, I asked the Lord, "What was the title?"  He replied, "It must not have been of eternal value!" I laughed.

November 11th, in Oswald Chambers' beloved book, His Utmost for My Highest, Chambers wrote about self-motivated ministry.  We are capable of dreaming up a lot of good things to do, but it is the work initiated by the Lord, which he planned in advance for us to do,  that has lasting eternal value.

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, 
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?