Things You Do Not Expect

November 1
A month to the date my father died, I received three inquires related to investments.  I guess people in this line of work read the obituaries and then they call their heirs assuming they have inherited money.  It really shocked me.  Two of these individuals, though older than me, went to the high school I attended years ago.  There was no mention of my father's passing, although I knew they were aware of this.  The comment made by these two was that they'd like to help me take a look at my financial future.  The third was an email offer, which at least included a dinner invitation!  :-)

Life is full of surprises and occurrences we do not anticipate. That particular day was the first day I'd been alone since September 23rd and it was OK to be alone!  Our home desperately needs some straightening up.  Walking through the living room, I noticed a coffee table book published by Thomas Nelson called  You Are Loved.   At some point I had placed it near our front door and planned to leave it opened to a different quote each week.  (That project flew by the wayside five weeks ago.)  Most likely my guardian angel flipped the pages to what my eyes focused upon.


To find someone who will love you for no reason,
and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.
Robert Brault


Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.
Sir Arthur Pinero

Pinero's quote embodies the life of my father!  Everyday he reminisced of his teenage love for my mother, he cherished his children and grandchildren and he stayed young and full of hope as he looked into the eyes of his great grandchildren.

We love because God first loved us.
1 John 4:10
Right now, you may not be expecting this, but take a time out and remember how deeply you are loved. Then take time to tell Jesus you love him too!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?