Devotion, Discipline, Dedication


December 19
Chapter 8 of the Women of Christmas-"Come Thou Long Expected Jesus", highlights the life of the prophetess, Anna.
Listen to what Higgs writes about this widow, who lived a sold out life at the Temple.
"She plugged into life, whatever her age. She keeps informed; she stays involved; she reaches beyond her comfort zone; she cared deeply about people.  Above all, she has a vibrant relationship with God that shines around her like sunlight…She gave thanks to God. Luke 2:38
If we did this one thing-it would change our lives and the lives of those around us forever.  Anna not only lifted her voice to the Lord; she also proclaimed the truth of the Messiah with joyous abandoned. Oh yes, she talked about Jesus to everyone who would listen and especially to all who have longed for his appearing."  Luke 2:27
Anna was a woman of exceptional devotion, incredible discipline and endless dedication."

Whew, devotion, discipline and dedication. I fall short in all three categories.

More self-evaluation challenges:
Am I plugged into life?
Do I stay informed and involved concerning my family, my community, my church, my government?
When was the last time I stepped out of my comfort zone for the Lord?
Do people feel loved and cared for by me?
Is my relationship with God vibrant and obvious to others around me?

The ladies in this study group, loved the fact this book highlighted the usefulness of older people.  Elizabeth, Zechariah, Simeon and Anna and possibly the wisemen, key players in the greatest story ever told, were on the flip side of life…closer to heaven.  Simeon was ready to check out immediately after seeing Jesus.  God found them all useful!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?