Aleve or Alive

January 2
Listening for the Lord's direction, I was struggling to discern whether the word was Aleve or Alive.
The humanness of my achey morning body was probably leading me towards the Aleve bottle in the kitchen.  Being alive and filled with the Spirit  was more likely the Lord's input.  Hmm, maybe the Spirit was directing me to take an Aleve to feel more alive to follow Him!  :-)  That works.

In the process of cleaning off my desk, I came across a piece of paper, from years ago where I had scribbled these verses.  I'm printing them up on card stock and taping them to my dressing room mirror for the month of January!  The probability is that they will bring relief to my spiritual life in the days to come, as Aleve does to my physical body.

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful...Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders, making the most of every opportunity.  Colossians 4:2-6

Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil.  Ephesians 5:15-16

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline.  
2 Timothy 1:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?