Compassion, Kindness, Hospitality, Acts of Service plus 1 New Person

January 3
Taking time for a life evaluation of what might be ahead for 2014, I began to assess where my investments should be.
Thinking of acronyms  S.P.C.A. came to mind.
In light of my spiritual investments it works well as a reminder to apply these elements to my life:
Scripture-Prayer-Church-Allelujahs (praise)

The first step to successful investing is to be certain it is God's will, not mine.  So I've been praying for guidance.  Nancy Leigh DeMoss had these verses on her site today applying to godly women.

…well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints.  1 Timothy 5:10

She asks us to consider if our lives are marked by compassion, sacrifice and acts of service?

to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands…Titus 2:5

teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.   Titus 2:3

What excellent guidelines!  Each week of 2014 I am asking God to direct me in how I can offer compassion to someone (especially my own family), show hospitality to others (and meet a new person each week) and serve my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I asked God for weekends off this year from the devotional.  We haven't worked out an agreement, but maybe it will be an accountability tool and reflection on the previous week to see if I carried out compassion, kindness, hospitality, acts of service and met one new person.


 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?