H.A.C.K. #4

January 25-26
H.A.C.K.ing into life through Hospitality, Acts of Service, Compassion and Kindness.

Oh, my…it's Saturday morning again and time to reflect on my week.  Conviction sets into my heart as I take this time to reflect on what my heart attitude was during the week.  This week was unusual in that due to MLK Day, a little snow and extreme frigid temperatures, my husband was home from his work as the Head of a private school, for three days.  Hmm, were we kind and compassionate to others or just laid back and lazy.

We did venture out one day and take our pastor and his wife to lunch, which ended up being a huge blessing to us.

As I look back at how the week unfolded the phrase "unexpected gifts" comes to mind.  A sweet friend  has been sick for six days, so it was a  joy to get to drop soup and bread off at her house. Having to make a doctor's appointment myself, the receptionist asked for my birthdate and exclaimed, "That's my birthday too!"  So I took her a gift when I went to the doctor's office, calling her my birthday buddy. She was elated. My only regret is that I did not include a scripture verse.  This is a relationship I want to build and hope to send random gifts and cards to her throughout the year.
In excitement  over the snow, one of our grandsons called to FaceTime!  His first request was for me to send him one of those disposable phones.  I was tempted! He and I could talk into the wee hours of the morning!  His second request was for me to go immediately and buy him a couple transformer toys.  I ended up ordering them on Amazon and sending his little sister a gift too. Again, right back at cha!  Such joy filled my heart seeing their happiness.
Those are not real tattoos…just his mom's return address stamp!  :-)

We can be the recipients of a most "unexpected" and "undeserved" gift.  His name is Jesus and he is free for the taking!

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-
and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?