More From Nearing Home

Our cross in the woods.
January 14
When I was having my "check me out of life please" day the other day, I picked up Billy Graham's book Nearing Home and snuggle down on the couch with a blanket to finish this book, taking notes as I went.
This book is a wealth of wisdom.  You feel the love of this man for his family, his wife (who has gone on ahead of him to heaven) and of course for the Lord.

A prudent man gives thought to his steps.
Proverbs 14:15

Graham poses the following question, which is worth a lot of thought:
"How can we build our lives on a solid and unshakable foundation-one that will undergird us the rest of our days?"  He writes the phrase
Nearing Home with Triumphant Expectation
"While our society may not believe that growing old is a respectable phase of life, my prayer is that believers in Jesus Christ will walk the last mile of the way triumphantly, as Moses did when he died at age 120....The older generation may have a hard time keeping up with the younger, but let's remember that has long as we are still breathing, we are leading the way.  The generations that follow are learning about growing old from us."  Billy Graham

We must take advantage of teachable moments.  I'm blessed to have a couple grandchildren around for the next week.  While cookie, cupcake and tent making are high on my to do list, along with treasure hunts, hide and seek, and playing make believer, I need to be intentional about the investment of my time with these little ones and teach them about Jesus.  Putting scripture into their hearts is much more valuable than a Mary Poppins, spoonful of sugar!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?