On A Tough Day

An afternoon winter moon.
January 13
Do you ever have one of those days, where life carries such a load that you just want to drop it all and quit?  Last week I had one of those.  Every call that came, a couple emails and a text were all heavily laden and involved situations I had absolutely no control over.  (Death, health, legal banking matters.)
One particular situation, where I had agreed to give prayer support, had brought me to a stand still!
Ah, stand stills are good when they bring you standing before God and that is exactly where I was.

A friend had given me Sarah Young's devotional book, Jesus Today.  I was a couple days behind in my readings and picked it up and on three sequential days God provided amazing wisdom for me to pass along to the one I was praying for and to apply to my own life as well.

Be encouraged by Young's words, which she writes from the voice of Christ.

"I want you to love Me, listen to My voice and hold fast to Me-for I am your Life."

"I'm training you to stay close to Me as you walk along perilous paths."

"The world is full of dangers, so it is wise to hold tightly to My hand."

"The key to steadiness in your life is to set Me always before you."

"Many distractions will vie for your attention along the way, but I am the Guide who is continually before you.  So keep looking ahead to Me. See Me beckoning you on step by step by step."

"This world in its fallen condition can never satisfy you fully.  You yearn for perfection and I am the fulfillment of that deep longing."

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; 
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore!
Psalm 16:11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?