Remembrance is a Gift

January 9
A dear friend mailed me Billy Graham's book, Nearing Home, when my father died. I'm just getting around to reading it and don't want to put it down.  SO MUCH WISDOM!
The first chapter is titled: Running Toward Home and holds this quote of which the author is unknown:
"The gift of old age is remembrance."
The chapter takes you into some incredible scriptures about remembrance.

Remember all the ways which the Lord your God has led.   Deuteronomy 8:2
Remember…hold it fast.   Revelation 3:3
Remember and do all My commandments. Numbers 15:40
Remember the word…of the Lord.   Joshua 1:13
Remember His marvelous works which he has done.  1 Chronicles 16:12

When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches
Because You have been my help.
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.  My soul follows close behind You,
Your right hand upholds me.   Psalm 63:6-8

Take time to remember the ways the Lord has led you, how He has held fast to you, and the marvelous works He has done for you.
Remember and recite His commandments and some of his Word which you have engrained upon your hearts.

"Remember that as a faithful child of God, you await promotion."
Vance Havner



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?