The Photo Shoot

January 23
(Be sure to see the link at the end.)
Our attempt at a Valentine photo shoot for our daughter's sons was a bust. When a two year old gets in his mind he is not going to cooperate, there's not a whole lot you can do.  We forgot to PRAY!

The next day when this attitude started to creep in again, I reflected on Proverbs 15:30, which I shared with him….
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart and good news gives health to bones.
Also, I tossed in Be joyful always!  (1 Thes. 5:16)

In his grumpy state he first said, "God did not say that!" Well, maybe he was trying to catch me on a technicality there….Solomon wrote the Proverb and Paul exhorted the believers to "Be joyful always," but both were inspired by God and found in God's Word!  I showed him a couple of his grumpy pictures and explained how sad they made me feel.  Some ground was gained, because throughout the day, he would look at me and give me a big smile. At that point I'd say, "Your smile makes me so happy!"  Yup, it gives health to my bones.

Is this what we look like to God when we forget the source of our joy and get grumpy?
(These are posted with parental permission! He's still beautiful, even when in a mood!
I think that's the conclusion God, in his unconditional love,  comes to with us as well.)






God has just rocked my world. I had the idea to do this post five days ago. Waited and asked my daughter's permission.  Then wrote it up this morning and posted it. Afterwards I went to open emails and found this Godtube….it goes along perfectly with this post titled Photo Shoot.  I hope it blesses your day. It's powerful.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?